Art Party: The Global Citizen Movement
Chicago Artists’ Month 2006: Beyond Boundaries
Opening Night Reception – Friday, October 20th, 2006
Featuring the sounds of DJ CT
The John Fluevog Store
1539/41 N. Milwaukee Ave, Chicago
“Art Party: The Global Citizen Movement” is a celebration of works by Chicago artists and their colleagues. Organizers Joanna Burgraf, Leigh Anne Bush and Ron Sager have produced fashion, multimedia, photography and painting exhibits in Chicago, Miami and New York City.
ART PARTY is part of the “Chicago Artists’ Month” program coordinated by the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs. This is the first event exploring what it means to be a global citizen in the context of Chicago artists’ Month Beyond Boundaries theme. Work showcased goes beyond traditional forms of media to include video installation, performance art and fashion.
Event hosts John Fluevog Shoes designs footwear worn by artists such as The White Stripes, Black Eyed Peas, Goldfrapp and Gnarls Barkley.
Guest artists and exhibitors include:
- Antone (Fashion & Fine Art Photography, Antone Photography; Fluxcore, Chicago)
- Beth Emery (Painting, Atlanta)
- Joanna Burgraf (Painting, Graphic Design; Fluxcore, Chicago)
- Leigh Anne Bush (Fashion, Lambush; Fluxcore, Chicago)
- Likalee (Digital Fine Art Photography; Fluxcore, Chicago)
- Melissa Kolbucz (Designs from surplus & recycled materials, [WIRED] Jewelry; Fluxcore, Chicago)
- Ron Sager (Multimedia and Photography, Sageron Multimedia; Fluxcore, Chicago)
- Sara Rahbar (Mixed Media, New York City)
About the Organizers: Ron Sager, Leigh Anne Bush, and Joanna Burgraf have been producing shows nationally for three years. Clients include Pontiac, Jerry Azumah of the Chicago Bears (retired) and Bella Lounge. As directors of the artist collective Fluxcore, they have produced several avant-garde art shows.